Monday, August 6, 2012

Baked Chicken and Potatoes Italiano

This recipe is for baking in the oven.  Today I decided to do it in the crock pot because it is hot here.  If this were done in the oven the potatoes would have had more flavor and a better color, however I am sure I will do this again in the crock pot because it is easy, handy, and doesn't heat up the kitchen.  Next time I will just stir it.  This is delicious and the chicken is very moist and juicy.  The whole family liked it.
Chicken ~ mine was a bag of Tyson boneless skinless breasts, frozen.  I had the chicken almost completely cooked before adding anything else.
6 Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered lengthwise ~ mine had skins on and I ran them through the Tator Twister.
2 onions ~ I used 1 softball onion cut in rings, again for the picky eaters to pick out.
 2 Tbsp. Olive oil, divided ~ I just drizzled it on the chicken for the rosemary to stick, I also added about 1/4 cup of water just to get things moving along.
2 tsp. rosemary
Coarse salt
Fresh ground pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place potatoes and onion pieces on a sheet pan. Drizzle Olive oil over the chicken and place on pan between the potatoes and onions.  Sprinkle the rosemary on chicken.  Sprinkle the salt and pepper over all.
Bake for 30 minutes.  Turn the potatoes, onions and continue baking until the chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender 15~25 minutes more.
Serve immediately.


Thanks for Buzzing by,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for "BEE"ing part of our day. We read and appreciate all comments and will answer as soon as possible. This is a family friendly blog.

Translate