Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chocolate Pudding Cake



Cake:
1 cup flour
1 tea. baking powder
1/2 tea. salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 tea. vanilla
2 Tbsp. oil

Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa.  Add milk, vanilla and oil to dry ingredients and mix.  Pour into a greased 8 or 9 inch square pan.

(I doubled this and it works fine.)
Topping:
4 Tbsp. cocoa
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cups hot water

Mix together and pour over the top of cake.  Bake for 40 minutes at 450 degrees.

Best served warm.


Hot out of the oven.


Mom has been making this cake as long as I can remember and it always turns out perfect.
People always love to see you cut into it and all the pudding appears.
YUM!!
Thanks for another great recipe Mom!!




Thanks for Buzzing by,

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That is a great way to describe it.
      It is always a big hit.
      Thanks for BUZZing by,
      Myrna and Joye.

      Delete
  2. Oh, this looks too good. My mom uses cake and pudding also but she puts the cake into the pudding. love this. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda,
      It is really good. Mom's always have the best recipes.
      Thanks for BUZZing by,
      Myrna and Joye.

      Delete
  3. That looks sinfully good! I may sneak and make this - but I'll have to hide it from hubby since he's diabetic. Or I may try making it with Splenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glenda,
      It is really good. I hope you can modify it.
      Thanks for taking time to BUZZ by our blog,
      Myrna and Joye.

      Delete
  4. This is too good not to try! Will be great during our upcoming Winter :-) Thank you for sharing at the ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myrna & Joye, thanks for linking up this post to The Best Blog Recipe’s Weekend re-Treat #7!

    I know I’m running a little bit behind in pinning but I wanted to stop by and pin your image to My Link Parties Craft/DIY & Recipe Boards while I was here.

    Hope to see you link up again at the party this weekend!

    Shauna
    http://thebestblogrecipes.blogspot.com/
    http://ready2loseweight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for "BEE"ing part of our day. We read and appreciate all comments and will answer as soon as possible. This is a family friendly blog.

Translate