Monday, September 3, 2012

Easy Homemade Pillowcases to match your decor.

 For these pillowcases I cut the accent piece (white) 9 inches and folded it in half and pressed it.

The pipping piece I cut 2 inches and folded it in half and pressed it.

The body of the pillow (blue) I measured againist my pillow to make sure it was large enough.  I made these for King size pillows and they fit perfect.


Lay your fabrics out like this, accent piece, body piece, pipping and then fold, fanning the body piece onto the center of the accent piece.
Fold the accent piece over everything and pin it together.  Starting in the center and working your way to the edges.  Make sure that you line all up all your edges.  There will be 5 layers of fabric to pin.

This is what it looks like from the end just before you sew it up.

Right off the sewing machine.  Now the fun part.  Pull the body out of the accent color to reveal what clean lines you just made.  This is really nice because it won't fray!

Still pulling the center out.  :o)

Look how great that turned out.  This is the pillowcase waiting to be closed.  Line up the edges, you may want to pin on the seam where the pipping meets the accent fabric to make sure that they line up on the side seam.  Just start sewing at the accent go up the side and across the top.

 Press your finished pillowcases and you are finished.  These are really easy and it is fun to see how they turn out.  This is a quick project for any sewing level.



Thanks for Buzzing by,

22 comments:

  1. These are so cute.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Debi. They were really fun to pull them out of the tube. This is the first time I had did this.

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome idea! I'd love for you to pop over and share it in Mommy Solutions!

    Crystal

    http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2012/09/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions-60/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls just got new bedspreads, and I do not want to pay for matching pillow cases. Thanks for the tutorial, and thanks for linking up at One Creative Weekend! I can't wait to see what you link up this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This is the first time I made them and it was fun to see them work up. Your girls would love that, and it is easier to find the fabrics to match. Good luck on your project!
      Also, thanks for hosting. We appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. These look great! I need to have a go - I made my duvet colour and it is bright and exciting but my pillowcases are just plain boring navy blue! This tutorial would be perfect - totally pinning! Have an awesome day!
    Rebecca
    Heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! They really were fun to make.
      Thanks Rebecca and have a great weekend!
      :o)

      Delete
  5. These came out great. I love the fabric!! TFS!! Stopping by from Sumo's Sweet Stuff linky party & your newest follower.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/09/another-fur-baby-coat.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to our newest follower, we are glad you are here!
      Thanks, they were really fun to make.
      Your welcome, thanks for the party! Hope it was a great success!

      Delete
  6. I have made alot of pillowcases. My grandkids love them. Was just thinking I need to make them a new Christmas one. I have not used this method but have wanted to try it. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try it, it was really fun to pull them out of the tube to see how they turned out.
      Your welcome. Thanks for hosting.

      Delete
  7. I love making pillow cases too. Haven't ever tried this method, though. These are super cute! Just hopping over from the Dedicated House linky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun and easy, hope you try it. Thank you.
      Thanks for hosting your party. We appreciate it.

      Delete
  8. Great tutorial!! Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch!! I hope you will link up again. The party will be live tonight. www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are awesome! Great tutorial. I can see all the holiday ones being made. Thanks so much for linking up last week to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you have for this week’s party! Have a great week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the best idea. I can't wait to try making my own. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/reeses-smore-brownies-and-wednesdays.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a really fun and quick project. The hardest part is finding time to do it
      Thanks for the invite. We are linked up.

      Delete
  11. Beautiful pillowcases!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for "BEE"ing part of our day. We read and appreciate all comments and will answer as soon as possible. This is a family friendly blog.

Translate