Friday, October 12, 2012

My Hubby's Spaghetti


My Hubby's Spaghetti



MMM Doesn't this make you so HUNGRY?!!




We love olive oil at our house.  Here is the water heating up to boil the spaghetti noodles.  With a bit of olive oil.....


Did I mention we love Olive oil at our house?  Here we are cooking our ground beef with a bit of Olive oil in the bottom of the pan.  We are cooking 2 pounds of ground beef.

Here are our veggies sauteed in...Olive Oil!  We love onion, garlic, olives, and of course a very generous amount of mushrooms!!  Ah what would we do without mushrooms?!  Add the olives and mushrooms after the garlic and onions are tender.
We used 1 large onion, 4 large cloves of garlic, 1 can sliced olives, and 3 cans mushrooms.
1/2 teaspoon Oregano, 1/2 teaspoon Basil, 1/2 teaspoon Marjoram, dust garlic powder across the top of the tomato sauce and also across the ground beef.  1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.



Simmer the veggies a little longer with 1 can of tomato sauce.



While all this magic is happening with the veggies, our nice ground beef is cooking and getting all brown and yummy!!  For this recipe we like our beef fine, instead of meat-balls.  (That is for another day!) 

Add 10  cans of tomato sauce to the browned ground beef and veggies.  Cook until tomato sauce is very hot for 5 minutes, then simmer for 1/2 hour.  (more or less)
Then comes the wonder of it all.....
It's time to eat!!
My Hubby made this for my Mom's birthday dinner and it fed 15 grown-ups and 6 small children.
Of course we had lots of other yummy things to eat.  But this much does feed a good crowd.
Hope you enjoy this even half as much as I did!  I always feel extra spoiled when my Husband cooks for us!!
Thanks Sweetheart!  I LOVE YOU!!









2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! One of my husband's specialties is spaghetti as well - isn't it great when they take over once in a while?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is greatly appreciated when my hubby takes over. It always makes my day!! Thanks so much for 'buzzing' by, hope you come back often!! Have a great weekend!!
      Chloe & Kinzie

      Delete

Thanks for "BEE"ing part of our day. We read and appreciate all comments and will answer as soon as possible. This is a family friendly blog.

Translate