Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Beef Steak & Vegetable Stew

Purple & Yellow Bean Plants
Carrots


Three varieties of Beans



Potatoes, Beans, & Carrots,
Tomatoes
Sirloin Steak


Beef Steak & Vegetable Stew

My Hubby plants a garden each year and it is so beautiful!!  I thought I would share some of the fruits (or vegetables) of his labors with you.  The 1st picture is string beans.  He planted 3 different varieties.  Green beans, yellow beans, and purple beans.  Amazingly the purple beans turn green when you cook them.  I showed you the fridge drawer with all 3 varieties.  But I did not use that many beans in the stew.   I just wanted you to see how pretty they are.  You can see how many I used in the picture with the potatoes above.
 I put 3 Sirloin steaks with a little water in the crock pot.  Later added 1 can of beef broth.  And 1/4 of a large onion, chopped into small pieces.  Also plenty of garlic, salt and pepper.  Then I took a picture after about 4 hours of cooking in the crock pot.  It doesn't look very appetizing.  But it turns out to be!!  After the meat is very tender and falling apart, I added the vegetables.  And about 2 Tablespoons of ketchup. Also, more salt and pepper.   I even put tomatoes in it from our garden.  For me it is a little different to put green beans in a stew but we tried it a few months ago and it turned out to be a favorite at our house.  This is so yummy, and it is extra fun to see the vegetables come in from our garden.  (Even the carrots!)   My Hubby had to thin them because they are so thick and beautiful.  So they were baby carrots and so delicious.  Cook until the vegetables are tender and enjoy!!

1 comment:

Thanks for "BEE"ing part of our day. We read and appreciate all comments and will answer as soon as possible. This is a family friendly blog.

Translate