Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mom's Crunchy Dumplings


This is another great recipe from Mom.
Thanks Mom!

Brown together:
2 lbs. hamburger
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. flour
2 cans water
1 chopped onion
2 cans creams of chicken soup
Simmer together for a few minutes pour in 9X13 top with dumplings.
Dumplings:
2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup milk
1/2 tea. salt
1/2 tea. poultry seasoning
1 tea. dry onion
1/2 tea. celery seed
1/2 cup melted margarine cut shortening into flour and seasonings, add milk (make dough wet).  Dip teaspoons of dough into melted margarine.  I rolled mine in plain Planko bread crumbs.  Put on top of meat mixture.  I then sprinkled the left over bread crumbs from my bowl on top.

Thanks for Buzzing by,


6 comments:

  1. these actually sound rather good all though it is the first time I have ever heard about them thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Mom made these while we were growing up with a few variations. They were always a favorite! (Still are!) We hope you will enjoy them!

      Have a nice day!
      Joye & Myrna

      Delete
  2. I am a HUGE fan of dumplings {my Granny used to make them regularly} and your recipe looks scrumptious! Thank you for sharing at ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party and I can not wait to see what you will link next week :-) Happy Easter Joye & Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I'm visiting from Totally Tasty Tuesday party. I would love it if you would share this on my site: http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/tried-and-true-recipes-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks absolutely delicious. I pinned it and shared it on Google+. Thank you for sharing at Memories by the Mile's Tuesday Trivia.
    I think this is what's for dinner at our house, can't wait to try it.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for "BEE"ing part of our day. We read and appreciate all comments and will answer as soon as possible. This is a family friendly blog.

Translate