Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Garlic and Swiss Chicken Fried Steak

Here again is a repeat recipe.  My sis did this a few months back, but we do it different, so here is another twist on a family favorite.  We hope you you enjoy them both.

On a plate I put as much flour as I think it will take to coat my steaks.  Add lots of garlic powder and some pepper.  You can smell when it is enough.  Stir this together and flatten it out on your plate.  Coat the steaks, pressing them as flat as you can to coat them well, this is where the good color comes from when frying them.  I fry them up in olive oil.
Melt some Swiss cheese on them, YUM.  Everything is better with cheese. . .well almost everything.

This is for the non~onion lovers.  :o)
This is for the onion lovers.  I sliced up onion and threw it in with the steak to fry up at the same time.  Then I melted the Swiss cheese on it.  Delish!!  I paired this up with Garlic and Swiss Mashed Potatoes.  Here is the link for the potatoes:  


15 comments:

  1. Just found you from 2 Yellow Birds, & I'm a new follower & will be linking up! Hope you'll consider following back!
    God bless,
    Laurie
    Saved by Grace
    http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our newest follower.
    We are your newest follower too.
    Enjoy the BUZZ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks oh soo yummy! And the potatoes look like pillows from heaven. I can't wait to try them myself. I'm a new follower and found you from the Creative Princess's It's a Party party.

    Cari @ Reach For The Star Berries
    Reach For The Star Berries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this is such a cute description it makes me smile. Hope you like this meal!
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  4. I'm pinning this one to adapt for gluten free. The swiss sounds so yummy on top! Thanks for visiting One Creative Weekend! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi. I really like the Swiss, and it is so quick and easy.
      Your welcome, thanks for hosting.

      Delete
  5. Hey you two. This looks delicious. I love chicken fried steak.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi,
      Thanks, we like it too.
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. This is so cute!!! I love it!!!! Great blog too. I'm Hanna and I am your newest follower:) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hanna,
      Welcome, we are glad to have you as a follower. I just checked out your blog it is great, you have a very inspiring story, well done!!
      We are your newest followers!

      Delete
  7. Oh yum! I can smell the garlic over here.... And the cheese... swoon......!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/7-recipes-and-wednesdays-adorned-from.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    Joye and Myrna @ The Busy Bee's
    Linda @ With A Blast

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for "BEE"ing part of our day. We read and appreciate all comments and will answer as soon as possible. This is a family friendly blog.

Translate