Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Zucchini Crisp

I know this sounds interesting.  It could be a good way to mix up using all the zucchini in your garden.  I was told about this recipe from a lady I just met, she said you can't tell the difference and her picky son liked it and asked for a second serving.  However, I will tell you the reviews at my house were mixed.  I was not a fan.  My husband liked it and wants me to make it again, but next time peel it.  If it was peeled it would probably take on the appearance of apple crisp also.  So here is the recipe for those of you that would like to try it. . .
8 cups zucchini ~ cubed, I picked out the center where the seeds were.
3/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
In a bowl combine the above ingredients and mix well.
Pour into a greased 9X13 pan ~ I didn't grease mine and it didn't stick at all.

Topping:
Melt 1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tea. cinnamon
Mix together and crumb over zucchini mixture.
Bake at 375 degrees for 45~50 minutes or until bubbly and zucchini is tender.


Thanks for Buzzing by,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for "BEE"ing part of our day. We read and appreciate all comments and will answer as soon as possible. This is a family friendly blog.

Translate