Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quick and Easy Valentines Lap Quilt

This was a fun little lap quilt, that makes up really quickly.  I cut all the strips 3 inches and just mixed them up to create the rows.  Then I folded fabric in half to make cut out the hearts.  I then appliqued them onto the quilt with the blanket stitch on my sewing machine.  I ran around the edges with fray stop and it looks like I am three, but I didn't want it to fray away.  If you know something that works better or tips on that I would love to hear them.  I tied this with thin ribbon and tied bows with another knot on top of them to keep them from coming untied, so allow a little extra ribbon for the knots.

It is bitter cold here, this will come in handy this year!

Thanks for Buzzing by,

Inspired by:  http://www.craftsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for "BEE"ing part of our day. We read and appreciate all comments and will answer as soon as possible. This is a family friendly blog.

Translate