Orange Chicken (Not extremely spicy)
3 lbs boneless, skinned chicken breast
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Oil for frying
1/2 cup corn starch
1/4 cup flour
2 Tablespoons of minced fresh garlic
1 dash of chili powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1/3 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
3 Tablespoons chicken stock
1 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
1. To make orange sauce, combine orange juice, granulated sugar, chicken stock and soy sauce in a small bowl - set aside.
2. Cut chicken in small 1 to 2 inch squares (according to your preference) place cut up chicken in a large bowl. Stir in egg, salt, pepper, & 1 Tablespoon of oil, mix well.
3. Stir 1/2 cup cornstarch and 1/4 cup flour together. Add to chicken pieces, stirring well to coat.
4. Barely cover fry pan with oil. When hot, place chicken in pan and fry until golden - do not over cook. Keep it moist! Remove from pan and set aside.
5. In a small bowl add 1 Tablespoon oil, ginger, garlic, onion, & chili powder - add orange sauce and heat it just a few seconds until hot - Then add to chicken and stir until mixed well.
6. Place in covered bake-ware and heat through about 1/2 hour in a hot oven. 375 degrees.
** Hope you enjoy!! My Husband absolutely loved this meal. I served it with rice and mixed vegetables. So it will work as separate entres' or you can put the rice on the bottom and add the chicken and vegetables on top. However you eat it I hope you get lots of nice compliments!!