Super Soft Caramel Popcorn
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup butter or margarine
dash of salt
1 14 oz can sweet & condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Large bowl of popped corn or puffed rice cereal~
1. Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt in medium sauce pan: bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium and stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly to soft ball sate (240 degrees)
3. Remove from heat then stir in vanilla.
4. Pour slowly over popcorn stirring until caramel is evenly distributed.
5. Store in covered container.