Friday, August 17, 2012

Stir Fry With Chicken

Stir Fry With Chicken

Heat pan and generously add olive oil, when oil is hot add your vegetables.
I add green beans from the garden.  If greens beans aren't in season I use frozen green beans.
We love our broccoli, so in goes the broccoli cut up in small pieces.
Also I added carrots from our garden.
1/3 diced onion.
I cooked this on low to medium heat.  Adding a dab of oil when needed.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
We LOVE Ginger at our house so in goes 1 Tablespoon of Ginger.
I cooked my chicken earlier in the slow cooker.  I shredded and added the chicken breast.
I added 1 can of mushrooms.
Stir often so it doesn't burn.
Enjoy!!

MMMMMMMYum!!  What I really love about stir fry is you can add your families favorite vegetables and leave out any that you might not care for.  As much or as little as you like.  You can see how much of what vegetables I used in the picture before I added the Chicken.  You can serve this over rice, but we like the vegetables so much that we just ate it without rice.  Also sometimes we add soy sauce.  Lots of variation for this meal.
*Tip
You can buy fresh Ginger and grate as much as you want and then freeze it and just grate off what you need and pop it right back in the freezer.  It can be used this way for a very long time.  I have never had to throw any away.  Or, you can always use the Ginger in the spice bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for "BEE"ing part of our day. We read and appreciate all comments and will answer as soon as possible. This is a family friendly blog.

Translate