Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mom's Carrot Pudding





We are blessed with the worlds most wonderful Mother!  Our Mom can do anything!!  This is one of the many things she does that makes the holidays more memorable. This is one of the many things that as we come home from my parent's house and my Hubby tells me, "you need to learn how to make that!"  So now, after 30 years of marriage, I finally learned how to make this!!  And it was a big hit!  
Mom's Carrot Pudding
1 cup peeled and grated potatoes
1 cup peeled and grated carrots
1 cup peeled and grated apples
1 cup flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon soda
pinch of salt
Add grated ingredients to sugar, cinnamon, salt, soda, nuts, & raisins  Let sit for a few minutes until it gets juicy.  Place in a pan with tin foil tightly sealed, in a oven  safe bowl. Place oven safe bowl with the pudding into a larger pan filled half way up with water and steam for at least 3 and 1/2 hours.  Check with a tooth-pick to make sure it is done.
*Another alternative is to put in jars and steam in a cold pack with the water 1/2 way up the jars.  Fill jars 2/3 full.  Do not over-fill!  Steam about 3 1/2 hours.
I did both.  I quadrupled the recipe and made a batch in the oven.  Then using small decorative bottles I used the cold-pack method.  This way whenever my Hubby wants some there is an individual size serving right there in the pantry.  I hope he enjoys it!!

Syrup for pudding
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
3 Tablespoons Butter
thicken with corn starch
a drop of vanilla


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for "BEE"ing part of our day. We read and appreciate all comments and will answer as soon as possible. This is a family friendly blog.

Translate